These entry level and intermediate level positions are challenging cyber security roles in a multi-contractor team supporting a fast-moving program for multiple projects. Multiple positions are available. In this role, you will learn about cyber security, execute tasks, and support teams on various cyber security service projects.
Information Assurance / Cyber Security Technician / Engineer
Springfield, VA 22150 (map)
The ideal person for this role is flexible, wants to learn, technically capable, and self-motivated. We’re looking for team players who want to grow in cyber security knowledge and capability. Creativity, personal backbone, and IT experience are required. A mix of professional relationship skills and technical skills are needed to be successful in this challenging learning-by-doing role. The idea person for this role is a Windows or Linux system administrator, cloud administrator, database administrator, hardware technician, or software developer wanting to learn more about cyber security. Moving into cyber security without experience is challenging but LP3 can help you transition.
LP3 WILL TRAIN YOU AND HELP YOU GET CYBER CERTIFICATIONS
Establishing a track record of reliability and trust with team members and security stakeholders is crucial. This challenging role is an interesting variety of tasks from day-to-day so flexibility is important. As part of the LP3 team, occasional work on other projects may also be required.
The Cyber Security Engineer shall perform, review, and conduct hardening as well as technical security assessments on cloud and on-premise computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Cyber Security standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies to the team.
- Validates and verifies system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs for controls.
- Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle.
- Contributes to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations.
- Creates and reviews assessment and authorization documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content
- Develops and executes Security Test Plan (STP) in close cooperation with team members.
- Implements and/or integrates IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, virtualization, cloud, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements.
- Builds IA into systems and services deploying into operational environments at multiple classification levels
- Assists architects and services developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security controls and potential security functionality to ensure uniform application of security policy and enterprise solutions.
KEY SUCCESS ATTRIBUTES
- Willingness to learn about Cyber Security principles and implementation approaches
- Hands-on technical experience in Windows or Linux administration
- Some knowledge of security standards such as CIS or NIST 800-53
- Outstanding communication skills including verbal and written; Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Project, and other tools to communicate with peers and customers at all technical levels
Occasional, short day trips to other CONUS/OCONUS customer facilities may be required 2-3 times per year.
- SCI clearance (must be active within the last 24 months)
- Administrative or technical experience on Windows and Linux systems
- Experience working in technical team environments
- High School diploma
STRONGLY DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Windows administration, patching, and network management experience
- Experience working on and supporting classified networks
- Exchange administration experience
- SharePoint administration experience
- Network administration experience
- Virtual host experience with AWS, VMWare, or Hyper-V
- Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field or equivalent years of experience
- IT certifications
- DoD 8570 certification (Security+ CE at a minimum)
This position is offered by LP3. LP3 is an innovative company delivering Information Assurance consulting expertise to DoD and IC customers. LP3 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire VETS!
If you are cleared, qualified, and interested in this opportunity please email a detailed technical resume to: careers@LP3.com
LP3 is an innovative small company delivering Information Assurance consulting expertise to DoD and IC customers. LP3 is a proven leader in cyber security services nationwide, providing our customers with solutions tailored to meet rapidly evolving IT and cyber security needs. Our depth of knowledge and experience gained protecting our Nation’s IT infrastructure over the past decade allows us to offer the highest caliber of IT and security services to our corporate clients. At LP3, we consider our people our most valuable asset. We are committed to providing an environment that fosters growth, respect, and integrity. As an employee of LP3, you will be empowered to contribute and make a difference on day one.