Principal SOC Leader/Manager/Investigator
The leadership position builds, operates, and manages a team of Cyber Investigators, Cyber Security Analysts, and Security Administrators in a new Security Operations Center. This technical leadership position is responsible for the technical security operations in supporting a large customer on a unique and complex multi-organization contract. The SOC team will rapidly grow to secure and monitor three global enterprise scale networks of different classifications over the next year. This is a rare career-making long term opportunity for the right person – a make-a-difference role with a large impact on National Security.
This is a role where you can shape your team, help them grow, increase their technical capability and capacity, and shape how multiple organizations proactively handle cyber security into the future. This is a long term multi-year contract with strong growth potential.
Oak Hill, VA 20171 (map)
- Leading the cyber security operations team, including interviews, hiring, training, and managing performance of the team members
- Effective coordination with other operational areas and engineering teams
- Performance in multiple areas of information security including computer network defense (CND), continuous monitoring and analysis, enterprise audit, security compliance, security event monitoring and analysis, data management, analytic rule development/adjustment, incident response, investigative support, malware analysis, forensics, and cyber future roadmap inputs
- Deliver technical security expertise in the operation of an enterprise class CND system, dealing with tactical events caused by internal and external factors and the related mitigation recommendations for issues caused by process, threat and technology changes over time
- Act as a trusted advisor to senior leadership with extensive evidence of ability to provide strategic and tactical direction in leading activities in support of team and enterprise objectives
This position is a challenging role in a multi-contractor team supporting a fast moving program for multiple customers and/or projects. This task requires leadership expertise in CND systems and operations-you need to be the go-to technical operational security person. Establishing a track record of reliability and trust with team members and stakeholders is crucial.
KEY SUCCESS ATTRIBUTES
- Successful leadership experience managing a high performance team
- SME-level background in cyber security operations and incident response
- Experience in IC component NOC or SOC environments
- Strong network and host security background
- Ability to operate secure solutions and analyze event related data
- Ability to effectively communicate and advocate key security requirements and issues to non-technical and technical people
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management in government and contractor teams
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
The ideal person for this role is flexible and experienced SOC leader, with hands-on experience at incident handling, technically capable, self-motivated, and can effectively influence others to deliver accurate results for the customer. Creativity, personal backbone, and cyber security operational experience is required to be successful in this position. A mix of professional relationship skills and technical skills are required in this role.
Shift work may be required on occasion to train and mentor others.
- Leadership experience
- SCI clearance within the last 2 years with current SSBI and CI Poly
- Incident Response experience
- Enterprise-level cyber security experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- 10+ years experience in hands-on CND operational and/or analysis position
- Experience working on and supporting classified networks in the IC
- Experience working in a team environment on similar tasks
- Experience in cyber security tactics, techniques, and procedures
- IT security training
STRONGLY DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Cyber Investigation Experience
- Knowledge of Forensic tools and techniques
- Enterprise audit aggregation, logging, and analysis experience
- Knowledge of NIST 800-53 and ICD 502
- Network LAN experience
- Virtual host experience
- IDS/IPS and firewall experience
- Experience in threat/risk mitigation
- DOD 8570 Level III cert
LP3 is an innovative small company delivering Information Assurance consulting expertise to DoD and IC customers. LP3 is a proven leader in cyber security services nationwide, providing our customers with solutions tailored to meet rapidly evolving IT and cyber security needs. Our depth of knowledge and experience gained protecting our Nation’s IT infrastructure over the past decade allows us to offer the highest caliber of IT and security services to our corporate clients. At LP3, we consider our people our most valuable asset. We are committed to providing an environment that fosters growth, respect, and integrity. As an employee of LP3, you will be empowered to contribute and make a difference on day one.